[Attribution 3.0]

Exiled : voices of the Southern Baptist Convention holy war (2006)

fullscreen
Author: Kell, Carl L
Volume: 1
Subject: Southern Baptist Convention; Southern Baptist Convention; Baptists; Baptists; Baptists; Church controversies; Fundamentalism
Publisher: Knoxville : University of Tennessee Press
Possible copyright status: Copyright status: The copyright status of this item has been reviewed and it has been determined that either: 1) the item is in the public domain; or 2) permission to digitize the item has been granted by the rights holder. If you believe you have additional information regarding the copyright in this material, please contact divlib@duke.edu.
Language: English
Call number: b4837007
Digitizing sponsor: Institute of Museum and Library Services, under the provisions of the Library Services and Technology Act, administered by the State Library of North Carolina. Grant issued to subcontractor UNC-CH for Duke University's Religion in North Carolina project.
Book contributor: University Library, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Collection: ncchurchreligiousbodyhistories; ncreligion; unclibraries; americana

Includes bibliographical references (p. [181]-184) and index

Southern Baptist woman in exile / Eleanor B. Williamson -- My story: a personal adventure in unholy righteousness / Joe Yelton -- A trustee who could no longer trust / George Steincross -- From Baptist to Baptist / Frank Kendall -- No more knockin' / Rachel Smith Childress -- Getting my head on straight / Cecil E. Sherman -- Still a Baptist woman / Gladys S. Lewis -- My departure from the Sunday School Board / Alan G. Jolly -- Strangers in my house / S. L. Harris -- Yesterday's dreams, today's realities / Lavonn D. Brown -- One layman's reluctant journey toward higher ground / Wayne C. Bartee -- Exiled from the SBC / June Brown -- Freedom has never been so precious / Michael K. Olmsted -- A lot like dying / Gregory L. Hancock -- The Texas two-step / Rick McClatchy -- A liberal Baptist's story of exile from the SBC / C. Fred Werhan -- Exiled: South Carolina-style / E. C. Watson -- A separate peace / Ronald D. Sisk -- Exodus from the Southern Baptist Convention / Michael R. Duncan -- Finding a voice in exile / Paul D. Simmons -- The hijacking of the Southern Baptist Convention / W. H. Crouch -- Inside the Gatlinburg Gang / Edwin F. Perry -- The skirmish of First Baptist Church, Jamestown, North Carolina / Pascal L. Hovis -- I am in exile. I am home: exile of innocence / Tracy Dunn-Noland -- "Exile of innocence" / Dawn Darwin Weaks, Tracy Dunn-Noland -- Withdrawal and exclusion: doing the right thing / J. R. Huddlestun -- Phoenix rising / Reba Cobb -- Poses / Mark Fleming -- Early retirement / Joe E. Trull -- Appendix: Comparison of 1925, 1963, and 2000 Baptist faith and message

Creative Commons license: Attribution 3.0

Scanningcenter: chapelhill
Isbn: 1572334487
Lccn: 2005011123
Shiptracking: ST000824